Last updated: May 2018
Cruise Job Fair is a property of Webix Ltd ("Webix"). Webix Ltd is an events and online media company and organiser of recruitment events called Cruise Job Fair.
We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and Personal Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, date of birth, email address, IP address and CV.
How do we collect information from you?
You provide your Personal Information to us freely when you register your details along with your CV to be able to submit job applications via our website ("Website").
Please do not submit any Personal Information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
We also collect Personal Information from:
- our websites;
- cookies ("Cookies");
- publically available information; and
- other tools and applications (our "Online Content").
What Personal Information do we collect?
Personal Information we collect about you may include the following:
- General identification and contact information: your name; address; email; IP address; gender; residence.
- Information enabling us to provide products and services: age, location
- Statistical information: aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users for internal use and for other lawful purposes. We provide this information to customers, advertisers, suppliers and other reputable third parties. Where we provide such information we will provide this in an anonymous format and not include any Personal Information.
When you access our website online, we store some information about you. This is anonymous and used for statistical purposes.
Please note that Webix reserves the right to remove from our database any records which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
Webix processes your data with your consent. We rely on consent when we send promotional material. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. When your consent is withdrawn, we will cease to process data and permanently delete all Personal Information we hold about you.
The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Webix may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send you appropriate information about our events.
Webix also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites operate effectively;
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers' behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Webix may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Webix may make Personal Information available to:
Employers, recruiters and other agents
In the course of our business to help you search for and get a job, Webix may make Personal Information available to third parties such as employers, recruiters and other intermediaries and agents and other business partners.
Our service providers
This includes external third-party service providers, such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and market research and analysis service providers; document and records management providers; technical engineers; data storage and cloud providers and similar third-party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities.
Governmental authorities and third parties involved in a court action
Webix may share Personal Information with governmental or other public authorities (including, but not limited to, workers' compensation boards, courts, law enforcement, tax authorities and criminal investigations agencies); and third-party civil legal process participants and their accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors and representatives as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our group companies; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of our group companies, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
How do we use Personal Information?
We use Personal Information to do some or all of the following:
- Communicate with you as part of our business;
- Send you important information regarding changes to our policies, other terms and conditions, Websites and other administrative information;
- Provide improved quality, training and security and manage other commercial risks;
- Carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys;
- Provide marketing information to you (including information about other products and services offered by selected third-party partners);
- Personalize your experience on the Website by presenting information and advertisements tailored to you;
- Allow you to participate in contests, prize draws and similar promotions, and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional terms and conditions, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these carefully;
- Facilitate social media sharing functionality;
- Manage our infrastructure and business operations, and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing; finance and accounting; billing and collections; IT systems; data and website hosting; business continuity; and records, document and print management;
- Resolve complaints, and handle requests for data access or correction;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside your country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism; comply with legal process; and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (including those outside your country of residence);
- Establish and defend legal rights; protect our operations, rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and pursue available remedies or limit our damages.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Personal Information which you supply to us is generally stored and kept inside the European Economic Area.
Webix is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data;
- review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures;
- restrict access to personal access to personal information to Webix employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations.
Marketing and Advertising
Marketing communication from Webix
The use of this Website is free of charge. From time to time we may send you transactional and marketing emails.
Cookies are small pieces of information which we store on your computer. Our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it possible for you to log on to and use the site during your visit.
There is no personally identifiable information held on cookies. An example of a cookie is below:
Cookies also allow us to monitor website traffic and personalise the content of the site for you.
Some of the cookies used on this website are set by third-party advertising systems such as Google Adsense, Media.NET or Switch Concept. They will enable the ad server to display ads more relevant to you.
You may set up your computer to reject cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time free of charge;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- the right to ask us to permanently delete any information we hold about you.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of the above rights.
Children and minors
This Website is not directed towards individuals under the age of eighteen (18); however, we are aware due to the nature of some of the job offerings, those between 14 and 18 may use the Services.
Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) are expressly prohibited from using the Website unless parental consent is provided and we are notified.
Third Party Privacy Practices
Who to contact about your Personal Information
The data controller responsible for your information is Webix Ltd, registered with the Information Commissioner's Office No. Z2765918.
If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your Personal Information you can email us or write to the Data Protection Officer, Webix Ltd, Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bristol, BS32 4JY, United Kingdom.
If you do not think we are handling your Personal Information adequately, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. Further information, including contact details, are available at https://ico.org.uk.
The Website is operated by Webix Ltd, registered in England. Registered number: 07677005. Registered address: Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bristol, BS32 4JY, United Kingdom.